Child Dies After Stepping on Live Wires

Child Dies After Stepping on Live Wires

A nine year old boy on Sunday died after stepping on a live wire at Githurai estate in Kasarani.

The boy who was identified as Gideon Gachuku, was playing with his friends at around 1.30 pm when he accidentally stepped on the wire that was hanging from a transformer.

Briefing the media on the incident at Vigilance House, Police Spokesperson Zipporah Mboroki said the parents of the deceased rushed the child to St. John Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

She said Kenya Power and Lighting Company personnel who were informed about the incident have already visited the scene and have promised to repair the faulty transformer.

Author Description

Tracy Mulei

Tracy is a fabulous twenty-something whose friends are all married or having babies while she just keeps getting more and more awesome. Tracy writes as a hobby. Tracy is one of the most inquisitive person you will ever meet. Tracy was a web and graphic designer student in Nairobits Digital School. Tracy is also a terrible narcissist who loves hearing the sound of her own voice. Tracy. Connect with her on twitter @muleitracy